The Fiji National Rugby League have announced the inaugural Fiji Women’s Rugby League team that will take on the Papua New Guinea Orchids later this month.
The Fiji Bulikula, named after the golden cowrie, will play their debut International at Leichhardt Oval this June.
Acting Fiji National Rugby League (FNRL) Chief Executive Officer Don Natabe said the name ‘Bulikula’ was chosen by the late FNRL Chairman, Peni Naqau Musunamasi to signify the special importance of female Rugby League players in the FNRL.
“We anticipate Fiji Bulikula’s baptism of fire against the sturdy PNG Orchids at Leichardt Oval” Natabe said.
“We urge the nation to rally behind the Fiji Bulikula.”
Forcing their way into the 18-member Fiji Bulikula squad for the Test Match includes 2016 Rio Olympic Games former Fijiana sevens players Timaima Ravisa and Jiowana Sauto.
The Bulikula will play the Orchid on June 22.
Fiji Bulikula Test Squad:
1. Timaima Ravisa: NZ Warriors/Fiji
2. Asena Rokomarama: Fiji
3. Roela Radiniyavuni: NZ Warriors/Fiji
4. Merewairita Nai: Fiji
5. Tanika Marshall: Ipswich Jets
6. Asipau Mafi: Wests Panthers
7. Patricia Raikadroka: Mt Prichard Mounties
8. Losena Qiolevu: Fiji
9. Limaina Wai: Fiji
10. Vilisi Vakaloloma: Fiji
11. Teaghan Hartigan: Tweed Seagulls
12. Jiowana Sautu: NZ Warriors/Fiji
13. Sere Naitokatoka:St George Dragons
14. Josephine Maejiers: North Sydney Bears
15. Canecia Sims: Tweed Seagulls
16. Eloise Vunakece: South Sydney Rabbitohs
17. Ateca Leiyamo: Fiji
18. Aliti Namoce: Fiji
Head Coach: Adrian Vowels
Ben Tikosaya Tubakibau
Manager: Jacquie Shannon